The Center for World-Class Universities of Shanghai Jiao TongUniversity is pleased to announce that the 4thInternational Conference on World-Class Universities (WCU-4) willbe held from October 30 to November 2, 2011 in Shanghai,China.
The theme of WCU-4 is “Different Approaches to a SharedGoal“. The conference sessions will address theissues concerning World-Class Universities from nationalperspective, institutional perspective and ranking perspective.More specifically, WCU-4 will address, but will not be limited tothe following topics:
From National Perspective:
– The latest national policies and initiatives to promoteuniversities excellence
– The contribution of WCU to their national development andwelfare
– The benefits and challenges of building WCU in developingcountries
From Institutional Perspective:
– Successful experiences in pursuing WCU status
– Forming and sustaining win-win relationships with potentialrivals
– Overcoming financial challenges in managing WCU
From Ranking Perspective:
– Elements of WCU as reflected in ranking indicators
– The impact of global rankings on national policies andinstitutional practice
– The rational and constructive use of rankings
Researchers, university leaders, policy makers and otherstake-holders interested in making a contribution in one ofabove-mentioned areas are kindly asked to submit an abstract of upto 2,000 words to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1,2011. For further information, please visit the conferencewebsite.
Nederlands moet weer voertaal worden in bachelors bij universiteiten
Minister komt met wet- en regelgeving om internationale instroom te beperken
'We stellen elkaar verkeerde vragen over ChatGPT'
Tien kandidaten uit het beroepsonderwijs voor de Groeifondscommissie
Is er nog toekomst voor medezeggenschap in het hoger onderwijs?