The Center for World-Class Universities of Shanghai Jiao TongUniversity is pleased to announce that the 4thInternational Conference on World-Class Universities (WCU-4) willbe held from October 30 to November 2, 2011 in Shanghai,China.
The theme of WCU-4 is “Different Approaches to a SharedGoal“. The conference sessions will address theissues concerning World-Class Universities from nationalperspective, institutional perspective and ranking perspective.More specifically, WCU-4 will address, but will not be limited tothe following topics:
From National Perspective:
– The latest national policies and initiatives to promoteuniversities excellence
– The contribution of WCU to their national development andwelfare
– The benefits and challenges of building WCU in developingcountries
From Institutional Perspective:
– Successful experiences in pursuing WCU status
– Forming and sustaining win-win relationships with potentialrivals
– Overcoming financial challenges in managing WCU
From Ranking Perspective:
– Elements of WCU as reflected in ranking indicators
– The impact of global rankings on national policies andinstitutional practice
– The rational and constructive use of rankings
Researchers, university leaders, policy makers and otherstake-holders interested in making a contribution in one ofabove-mentioned areas are kindly asked to submit an abstract of upto 2,000 words to email@example.com by April 1,2011. For further information, please visit the conferencewebsite.